Friday 29 April 2016

I love a good plan.

I really do! Plans are so good, so motivating - they're like a map, showing you how to get from here to where you want to be.

I get a lot of satisfaction from ticking off the next goal on my plan.

But plans, unlike maps, have to be flexible to suit changing circumstances. I'll be spending a bit of time this weekend re-tweaking my work plan for the next months ... because I have a lot of stuff going on.

I have nearly finished my 11th assignment for my diploma; hopefully that will be done by the end of the weekend. That will leave me just one assignment left to wrap up my diploma!

I recently completed a free proofreading project for some friends. In return, they have offered to make me my very own website {they are website designers}. WOW. Launch date is planned for 1st July, so I'll soon have to start writing the text for my website.

An academic editing agency has asked me to test for them. The test is actually a massive scary exam, which I doubt very much that I will pass. I'm not even sure if I want to be an academic editor; but at this stage I have nothing to lose by testing for them. The test is due on Monday, so I have to wrap that up this weekend.

Next weekend I start work on my first non-fiction book project, which I expect will take me until the end of May. Another author has asked me to start working on her non-fiction book in June. And yet another author is very keen for me to work on his novel. {I'm not telling you any more about these projects yet - until I get a deposit from each, they're not final!}

And all this on top of having a very demanding day job, a husband to tease and a sweet doggie to snuggle. I must be crazy!

Time to get on with some serious planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment